I am a returning customer
Your Account Has Been Created!
Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created!
You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.
A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
NooElec NESDR SMArt Bundle - Premium RTL-SDR w/ Aluminum Enclosure, 0.5PPM TCXO, SMA Input & 3 Antennas. RTL2832U & R820T2-Based
- Product Code: NooElec NESDR SMArt
- Availability: In Stock
This premium RTL-SDR was designed, developed and fabricated by NooElec in the USA and Canada in order to implement a wide array of feature requests.
- The NESDR SMArt contains the same ultra-low phase noise 0.5PPM TCXO used in our much smaller Nano 2+ (TCXO specifications below), ensuring ultimate tuning stability in nearly any environment.
- In the quest for lower noise, the power supply section was redesigned to implement an RF-suitable voltage regulator with under 10 µVRMS of noise. That is at least 10x lower than other designs!
- A quality shielded inductor was used in the power supply to improve EMI rejection.
- The included aluminum enclosure ensures stray EMI stays where it belongs--away from the sensitive RF circuitry.
- Lower board-level temperatures further improves the SDR noise floor.
- A custom heatsink is affixed to the primary PCB with 3M thermal adhesive, to wick heat away from the circuit board and towards the enclosure.
- 2 pieces of silicone thermal pad spread the rest of the heat away from the device hot spots.
- Power consumption has been reduced by an average of 10mA, which means less heat is generated compared to other designs.
- The result is much lower board-level temperatures--increasing stability, improving sensitivity and ensuring maximum frequency range capability. The changes were first simulated, and then field-tested with a Flir E8.
Form factor improvements:
- The NESDR SMArt was designed to minimize annoying USB port occlusion. We re-designed the SDR from the ground up to ensure the SMArt can be used side by side in any USB-compliant device, including tightly-spaced embedded devices. There is no need to remove the enclosure to run multiple SDRs beside one another!
- The form factor re-design allowed us to move to the more universal SMA antenna input.
- The included antenna has been redesigned with a wider base to ensure physical stability with the included longer telescopic antenna mast
- A stronger magnet in the antenna base facilitates a wide range of mounting options
- Low-loss RG58 feed cable is used instead of higher-loss RG316 and RG174
- Feed cable increased to 2m (6.5') for easier installations
- Male SMA connector on the antenna cable for easy connectivity to the NESDR SMArt and other SMA-input RF devices
- Three antenna masts are now included! A telescopic mast with a variable frequency capability, a fixed frequency 433MHz (ISM) antenna mast, and a fixed frequency UHF (GSM) antenna mast
- NESDR SMArt SDR w/ brushed aluminum enclosure
- Antenna base w/ 2m RG58 cable
- Telescopic antenna mast (variable frequency)
- 433MHz (ISM) antenna mast (fixed frequency)
- UHF antenna mast (fixed frequency)
- RTL2832U Demodulator/USB interface IC
- R820T2 tuner IC
- 0.5PPM, ultra-low phase noise TCXO
- RF-suitable voltage regulator
- Shielded primary inductor
- Integrated custom heatsink
- Female SMA antenna input
- High-quality black brushed aluminum enclosure
- Through-hole direct sampling pads on PCB
SDR TCXO Specifications:
- Frequency stability: 0.5PPM (max)
- Phase noise @1kHz offset: -138dBc/Hz (or better)
- Phase noise @10kHz: -150dBc/Hz (or better)
- Phase noise @100kHz: -152dBc/Hz (or better)
- Wide base with super-strong magnet within base for easy mounting
- Low-loss RG58 feed cable
- 2m (6.5') cable, twice as long as most low cost SDR antennae
- Heatshrinked male SMA connector for direct connection to the SDR or our other SMA-connected accessories like the Ham It Up